Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Contemporary Issues class was a great help


I felt like this was a very informative and overall productive class. I had zero experience with creating and writing in a blog. It was a lot easier to create than presumed and despite my numerous technology blunders, I feel confident that I would be able to create a future blog, if needed. 

I also really liked the feature story assignments this semester it gave me some really great experience in writing a story that needs multiple in-depth interviews. It was also really great that Contemporary Issues was such a small class, with serious journalism students.

Initially I was worried about covering political issues, but the student presentations and the text helped me gain needed information for covering these types of stories. And how perfect that this class took place during the election, it was a really exciting story to cover and interesting especially to talk to people with different perspectives on the Presidential election and Amendment 64. I got to talk to a lot of interesting people who had some strong opinions about marijuana usage.
Through this class I’ve developed a better eye and ear for newsworthy stories. I’m looking forward to JMC 410.

No comments:

Post a Comment